Pages

.

March Favourites

I haven't done a favourites in what feels like forever, and frankly it's because we don't try enough different things every month to warrant a favourites post. However, I have decided to make it more broad including walks, events and places so I can share some of the things Diego and I have been up to that don't necessarily need their own post. 

I think I am late on this bandwagon, everyone has been enjoying them while I looked on from the outside thinking that were over-priced and Diego would destroy. Recently, I found them for $10 at the Mitre 10 in Whanganui, and not letting a deal pass me buy I snapped up a two pack. 
Best. Decision. Of. My. Life.
Diego is head over heels in love with these balls, they capture and keep his attention and so far I haven't got a destroyed toy strewn across my house. I did let Diego have free reign of them for a couple of days, but after constantly having the ball pushed into my leg and brought to bed I decided to change them to a walk toy. They are perfect at keeping Diego's attention away from other dogs, and I am now using them in place of treats for this distraction. They are small enough to fit in my treat pouch for easy travel, they float and they are bright orange so hard to lose. A definite winner in my books. Diego hasn't managed to completely destroy them just yet, however as you can see from the first photo, he has put a decent puncture wound into the side of one. 


Photo:
There's not much I can say about this photo apart from the fact that every time I look at it, I can't help but chuckle. What are Chico's ears doing? Why does he look so concerned? Why does Diego look so chuffed with himself? This was an attempt at getting the three dogs to pose together nicely, and as you can probably guess, it didn't work out too great.


I am a girl that is all about comfort and less about style. I couldn't tell you what style is to be honest. This sweatshirt though, is style and comfort. I know because this has been the most complimented Oh My Fluffy Dog product ever. Every time I have worn it I have got at least three compliments and people trying to work out what the OMFD stands for. It is super plush inside, and is amazing for these cold nights that we have been having and are set to have. I know for a fact that I will be living in this sweatshirt this Winter. 


Dog Walk: Rimutaka Summit Walk
I have lived in Upper Hutt my whole life and have never done this track. I have learnt within the last year that I have lived a somewhat sheltered life and have never done a bunch of amazing tracks in the Wellington region. This one is at the very summit of the Rimutaka Ranges, and instead of going to the lookout you keep going along the track. This takes you along the top of the ranges for up to 6 hours. It has the most spectacular views, which you can see on my vlog as well as being empty of all people. Judging by the path, I don't think it is often used either which is my favourite type of hike. There were some parts that were straight up hill or down hill, but I didn't find it an extremely hard hike and would definitely recommend.


Event: Fiji!
I didn't do any dog related events in March, however I did do my first overseas travel in a while to Fiji! I went for a week and had the most amazing time. I completely fell in love with the culture, the people and the land of Fiji and am already counting down the days until I can next be there. I have a dedicated blog post all about my trip that you can check out if you want to know more. Trust me, the read is worth it, I had a hilarious time.


What were your favourites in March?

No comments:

Post a Comment