Pages

.

Daisy's Doggy Deli Treats

Hey! Recently, we were lucky enough to be sent a bunch of Daisy's Doggy Deli treats to try out and give our feedback on. I had recently been very close to running out of treats for Diego so this couldn't have come at a better time! The lovely Suzanne sent us so many different types of treats to try, and I will let you in on a little secret, they are amazing!


Daisy's Doggy Deli came to fruition after Suzanne realised what horrible ingredients are added into a lot of the commercial food and treats for dogs and she did not want to be feeding that to her beloved pooch. Daisy herself is a rescue pup, and was originally on commercial dry food, before being transitioned onto a raw fed diet. Daisy's Doggy Deli uses 100% New Zealand grown, free range meat cuts and gives you a treat that you can clearly read and understand everything that is in them!


First off we tried the Chewy Lamb Bites which is just 100% lamb that has been dried instead of cooked. This means that you are keeping more of the nutrients in the food! These are also perfect for raw fed dogs. I talked about them a bit in our One Trick to a Better Walk Post as these are a perfect treat to take with you on walks.



I am surprised at the appearance of this Chicken Jerky compared to a similar product you would buy from the shop. This stuff from Daisy's Doggy Deli looks fresh, like real meat cuts, and is a vibrant, meaty colour. Compare that with the dull, strange coloured chicken which also doesn't look like chicken at all, that you get from a pet store. I know which one I would prefer to feed to my dog! I used this product on walks as well, and it worked a treat. It's not as scented as the Lamb Bites so didn't peak Diego's interest as easily when distractions were around, but worked amazingly otherwise. It was easy to tear into smaller pieces with your hands, and didn't leave too much of a residue or smell. They are also easily digestible, either ripped up or given in these jerky strips. 


These Homemade Dog Cookies are super cute in little heart shapes, and remind me of the dog biscuits that we often make! These are made with human grade quality ingredients, and have no nasties added. The treats themselves are Peanut Butter flavoured and Diego goes crazy for them. I have been using these ones as training treats at home as they are easily broken into smaller pieces for small rewards. Currently I am teaching Diego a few new tricks with these and he seems to be understanding the concept quickly, which I think is due to these tasty morsels. 


Out of the two cookie varieties we tried, Diego definitely loved these Sardine Oatcakes the most. These treats are made out of real Sardines out of a tin, instead of just flavouring which a lot of treats contain. You can tell they are made fresh as well, because the fishy scent on these cookies is intense! For some reason, I am not sure if it was my fridge or the actual formulation of these cookies but they were hard to break! I had trouble making them into smaller pieces for Diego to enjoy, really having to tear at them to get them to rip apart. I love adding fish into Diego's diet as it is high in Omega-3's and protein, and these are an easy way to add it into his every day life.

We did also receive some awesome dried pig ears, however Diego gulped those down before I even got to take photos of them! As I was saying about the Chicken Jerky, the Pigs Ears looked a lot more real and meaty than their commercial counterparts. Diego really enjoyed them, and it took him a little bit to get through them, making them a good boredom breaker. 

With these treats, because of how fresh they are, they do need to be stored in the fridge. This isn't too bad of a problem as the packets are thin, and easy to stack on top of each other, but it is something to be mindful of. They also do not have the longest shelf life as they have no chemicals, or preservatives in them to keep them longer. Suzanne is currently working on trying to increase this shelf life without the unnecessary preservatives which is a great thing! Currently they last roughly seven days after opening, and a few weeks unopened. 

All in all, I absolutely adore these treats and am so glad that I have found a New Zealand based company that is caring more about the health of the pets they are feeding than a huge profit margin. I am definitely going to be repurchasing these again (I have already purchased some to be sent to my mother for Chico and Ollie) as they work absolute wonders when out on walks with Diego. The price range in my opinion is affordable for such high quality treats. I highly recommend you check them out for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment