Pages

.

#300km June Introduction

Hey! Last year we completed #150kmJune where Diego and I walked 150 kilometres within the month of June. I wasn't working at that point last year, and found that 150 was quite a challenge. I really had to push myself to make it to the end of the month.

Well, me being the crazy person I am, decided to up the ante this year by challenging myself to walk 300 kilometres within the month. The major difference from last year is that I will also be working a full time job while trying to complete all the kilometres (minus a week where I will be travelling throughout the North Island). I will also be continuing to go to the gym, have a social life, home life and remember, June is the first official month of Winter. Because of the challenge I have taken on, I have made this a fundraising event for my favourite charity HUHA. I am aiming to raise $2,500 for this charity, and this is all thanks to the amazing donations from people like you, reading this blog. Every cent counts, so please look into your heart and donate to this amazing cause.


I am going to be documenting my adventures through the month, so that you can follow along with the trials and tribulations that come with this kind of fundraiser. My sister and her dog, Ollie; Diego and I will be also doing a road trip in the first week of June around the upper North Island. We are going to be meeting up with other dog owners and dog company owners, and then trying out the local dog walks and cafes. You can view the list of all posts and videos I have currently posted by visiting the #300km June tab at the top of the page.

I also want this to be an event that others get involved in. I want this to inspire you to leave the house, walk your pooch, explore the places in your area that you have never visited before. I would love to see others photos, and experiences so please use the hashtag #300kmJune on social media so that I will be able to see them. If you don't want to publicly post, feel free to email me on daisypets@hotmail.com and tell me your exciting stories and adventures! There will also be a sneaky giveaway at the end of the month with everyone who shares their experiences, or joins in by commenting/sharing our posts and content. There will be more information on that a little bit later on, but make sure to follow our Facebook Page, Instagram and Youtube Channel.

I would love suggestions on walks in the Wellington region that I should go on, or if you live in the Wellington region I would love to have some company on some of our walks. I have quite a few already planned, but walking this many kilometres in a month, I am always open to new suggestions.

I want to also give a shout out to WonderWoof who sent us a dog activity tracker to track Diego's activity levels during the month. They were kind enough to send that out free of charge for us to test out, and enjoy during our walks. I have been playing around with it for the past month or so and so far, so good!



Thank you also to Fitbit for sending us their FitBit Blaze so that we will be able to accurately count the kilometres we have walked during the month. All my tracking is going to be done on this, with screenshots posted during the month so you can keep me accountable. If you own a Fitbit I would love to connect on the application, our email address is daisypets@hotmail.com. Add us as a friend and let's have some competitions!


Thank you for reading, I am excited for June to start and to get stuck in counting down the kilometres. I hope you can help us out by donating, sharing our posts, or just getting involved by commenting and liking our stuff! Stay tuned for all the crazy posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment