Pages

.

Dog Friendly: Nourish Cafe

I am a sucker for a good brunch spot. I love being able to connect with someone over good coffee, and a great atmosphere. Actually, I love just being with a good coffee and great atmosphere, the other person is a bonus but not a must. However, a must for me is being allowed to bring Diego along. Most of the time I only visit cafes in the weekend so therefore generally will have Diego with me, and I don't want to be enjoying the cafe vibes while he is stuck in the car. 


In June, while we were in Tauranga I searched up 'dog friendly cafes Tauranga' and from there searched through the range of options. The top of the list, and most highly recommended was Nourish so that's where we headed. I am not from Tauranga so don't know the exact location, but would say it is out of town between Tauranga and Omokoroa. I could be completely wrong on that one. When we went there were heaps of road works around the area so I was not expecting much. Upon arrival though, we were greeted with a beautiful building with flourishing plant life. The photos don't even do this place justice, it was absolutely beautiful. 


There is ample outdoor seating, and at mid-morning had a great amount of sun or shade depending on what you are into. When we went there were already two other dogs there so it is obviously a popular place for other dog owners. The seating itself ranged from outdoor couches and lounges to your traditional wooden bench with seats. They also cater for the pups by having heaps of water bowls, and a place to easily fill them up outside. 



The menu catered for many dietary options and had both your traditional brunch options as well as some more fancy and exotic. Tammin went for a standard bacon and eggs with an OJ for her meal and said it was fantastic. I chose one of the more exciting options (which I cannot for the life of me remember the name of) which consisted of egg, halloumi, beetroot, avocado, pesto all on a bed of spinach leaves. This was one of the best breakfasts I have ever eaten, and left me satisfied but not overly full like sometimes happens when going out for brunch. They were also open to change so this could easily be made dairy free by removing the halloumi. 




I found the staff to be super friendly, and didn't mind a quick chat at the register about their day, and what our plans were for the rest of the day. They were helpful when we asked questions in regards to the menu and where to get water for the dogs. 
Not only was this place an awesome cafe, they also had lots of items for sale within their store. This range includes locally sourced produce and crafts, as well as homewares and cookware. It is the beautiful stuff that you can easily gift to someone, or keep for yourself if you feel like a treat. I didn't spend too long browsing the store as the pooches were waiting outside, but saw some awesome products that I would have loved to pick up. 


All in all this is a beautiful spot for a bite to eat, or just a coffee while you relax and take in the atmosphere. I usually find that places this nice usually are un-inclusive of your hounds, so it was a welcome change for them to be so open towards both Diego and Ollie. I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the area, or just passing through and can guarantee you that next time we are up those ways we will be definitely be getting another meal here.


Find more about Nourish Cafe by visiting their website: http://www.cafenourish.co.nz/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment